Senate Bill 231, Act No. 367 - Firearm Transfer Form
- Provides relative to the transfer of firearms for the violation of a protective order. (10/1/18).
- Provides mechanism for hearing in open court to determine what guns are owned and transfer to 3rd party.
Certain domestic abusers are prohibited from possessing firearms in Louisiana:
R.S. 14:95.10 – Possession of a firearm or carrying of a concealed weapon by a person convicted of domestic abuse battery and certain offenses of battery of a dating partner
R.S. 46:2136.3 – Prohibition on the possession of firearms by a person against whom a protective order is issued
If you are the subject to prohibited possession, please download the Defendant Instructions After Court Order instruction sheet for your reference.
If you are transferring your firearms to a third party, please download and complete the Third Party Acknowledgement and Transfer Form.
Pursuant to Title XXXV C.C.r.P Arts. 1000-1003 Domestic Violence Prevention Firearm Transfer Law, the order to transfer firearms and suspend concealed handgun permit shall be submitted to the “Sheriff” means the sheriff of the jurisdiction in which the order was issued, unless the person lives outside the parish where the order was issued. Then “Sheriff” means the Sheriff of the parish in which the person resides.
3rd Party Acknowledgement and Transfer Form
TPSO - Instructions to Defendant
- Pay Fees, Fines and Taxes
- HOW DO I FILL OUT A THIRD PARTY FIREARM TRANSFER FORM
- HOW TO SUBMIT A COMPLAINT OR COMMENDATION
- HOW TO RECEIVE ALERTS FROM THE TPSO
- SAFETY TIPS
- HOW DO I OBTAIN A PROTECTIVE ORDER
- VINE LINK
- DISASTER PREPAREDNESS
- SHERIFF'S SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM - PRINTABLE FORM
- Public Safety Tips
- REPORT A CRIME
- LIVESCAN & FINGERPRINTING
- HOW TO IDENTIFY A SCAM
- SUBMIT A TIP - CRIME STOPPERS OF TANGIPAHOA
- Emergency Contact Info
- Helpful Links
- HOW TO SUBMIT A PUBLIC INFORMATION REQUEST
- SUBMIT A CRIMINAL RECORDS REQUEST
- APPLY FOR CRIME VICTIM RAPRATIONS
- LEARN ABOUT BIAS BASE POLICING
- Property and Evidence Returns