Sheriff Daniel Edwards, on behalf of the Louisiana Sheriffs Association, awards a $500 annual scholarship to provide assistance to worthy students in furthering their education and training with resources made available through the program.
The Program will award scholarships providing assistance to worthy Louisiana student in furthering their education and training with resources made available through the Louisiana Sheriff's Honorary Membership Program.
This scholarship program is a meaningful expression of the Program's respect for education and it demonstrates the confidence had in Louisiana's youth - our future leaders.
A $500 scholarship will be awarded to graduating high school students from each parish in our state and there are no restrictions fro which the scholarships are spent. The guidelines are simple, fair, and the requirements for application are few.
Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff Daniel Edwards announces that the Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff's Office is now taking applications. The Program is for the academic year 2018 - 2019. Requirements for applications are as follows:
1. Applicant must be a permanent resident of Tangipahoa Parish.
2. Scholarship award funds must be utilized in an institution of higher learning within the state of Louisiana.
3. The student plans to be enrolled as a full-time or undergraduate student.
All applications must be submitted to the Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff's Office by April 1, 2019. You may pick up and submit applications at TPSO's Amite office located at 313 East Oak Street, our Hammond office, 15475 W. Club Deluxe Road, or they can be mailed to the Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff's Office P.O.Box 727 Amite, LA - Attention Public Information Office.
"This program is made possible by the generosity of the Honorary Members of the Louisiana Sheriff's Honorary Membership Program," states Edwards. “I am proud to participate in this program and of its ability to bring scholarships to Louisiana students bound for higher education.” he continues.Scholarship Application and Guidelines
- Pay Fees, Fines and Taxes
- HOW DO I FILL OUT A THIRD PARTY FIREARM TRANSFER FORM
- HOW TO SUBMIT A COMPLAINT OR COMMENDATION
- HOW TO RECEIVE ALERTS FROM THE TPSO
- SAFETY TIPS
- HOW DO I OBTAIN A PROTECTIVE ORDER
- VINE LINK
- DISASTER PREPAREDNESS
- SHERIFF'S SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM - PRINTABLE FORM
- Public Safety Tips
- REPORT A CRIME
- LIVESCAN & FINGERPRINTING
- HOW TO IDENTIFY A SCAM
- SUBMIT A TIP - CRIME STOPPERS OF TANGIPAHOA
- Emergency Contact Info
- Helpful Links
- HOW TO SUBMIT A PUBLIC INFORMATION REQUEST
- SUBMIT A CRIMINAL RECORDS REQUEST
- APPLY FOR CRIME VICTIM RAPRATIONS
- LEARN ABOUT BIAS BASE POLICING
- Property and Evidence Returns