WHERE WE STAND
In order for us to best serve you, our community must have a seat at the table. That is why we have partnerships with community-based organizations to help us foster dialog, better practices, and long-standing relationships with the community.
We must reflect and uphold the standards and values of our community. No exceptions.
The Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff’s Office serves the Law Enforcement needs of all citizens within our Parish, and strives to do so in a professional manner, respecting the rights of all our citizens without regard to race, color, age, religion, nationality, creed, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, or cultural group.
Our policies and procedures are devolved and carried out with that goal in mind.
Honesty —being truthful in our words and actions. Being transparent.
Loyalty— we are loyal to our department, profession and members of our community.
Diversity— we embrace the strength in diversity.
Community— we value relationships. Working together to make a positive impact in our community.
Sustainability— we believe in fair and equitable enforcement of all laws and respect for the constitutional rights of all persons. Protecting the rights of citizens.
- Although “Duty” is not one of our core value, it is a grounding principal that embraces an uncommon sense of responsibility. At the Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff’s Office, we accomplish our duty through respect, compassion, and transparency.
- Our “Hustle” is what propels this sheriff’s office into action for the community member of Tangipahoa Parish
The Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff's Office heavily in training. These are not jsut "one and done" classes. We intorduce new trainings and revisit topics such as implicit and explicit bias, de-esclation, and crisis intervention on a regular basis. We also incorporate these topics into other training topics as much as possible.
We understand that the status quo is never good enough, that we must continue to elevate our proffession to ensure we are serving our communities in the best way possible.
DUTY TO INTERVENE
Responding to Resistance or Aggression: We have a duty to intervene and the objective to acoid or minimize injury. We have a rigorous review process for each incident, and we have clear standards on when force can be used.
BODY WORN CAMERAS
Deputy-worn cameras, more commonly known as body cameras, assist deputie in the performance of their duties and help to ensure that there is an additional layer of accountability both for law enforcement personnel and the community they serve. This program has been in place at TPSO in June of 2021.
All uniformed deputies, including those on patrol and members of the SRT Unit, are required by policy to wear these devices and to activate them in accordance with our policy.
WE WELCOME YOUR FEEDBACK
Every employee is expected to treat community members and colleagues with the utmost regard, to work and act with integrity both personally and professionally, to provide exceptional service, and to work to always be present and engaged with our community.
We believe in conscientious policing from those who work at TPSO. We appreciate and welcome your feedback, positive and negative, which helps us ensure that we are conducting ourselves in a manner that is best representative of the mindset of those in our community.
Should you wish to make a comment or complaint, or to learn more about the administrative investigation process, see our "HOW TO FILE A OMPLAINT OR COMMEND A DEPUTY" page on this website.
- HOW TO SUBMIT A COMPLAINT OR COMMENDATION
- Pay Fees, Fines and Taxes
- HOW TO RECEIVE ALERTS FROM THE TPSO
- HOW DO I FILL OUT A THIRD PARTY FIREARM TRANSFER FORM
- SAFETY TIPS
- HOW DO I OBTAIN A PROTECTIVE ORDER
- LEARN ABOUT BIAS BASE POLICING
- VINE LINK
- DISASTER PREPAREDNESS
- SHERIFF'S SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM - PRINTABLE FORM
- Public Safety Tips
- REPORT A CRIME
- LIVESCAN & FINGERPRINTING
- HOW TO IDENTIFY A SCAM
- SUBMIT A TIP - CRIME STOPPERS OF TANGIPAHOA
- Emergency Contact Info
- Helpful Links
- HOW TO SUBMIT A PUBLIC INFORMATION REQUEST
- SUBMIT A CRIMINAL RECORDS REQUEST
- APPLY FOR CRIME VICTIM RAPRATIONS
- Property and Evidence Returns